Yesterday afternoon, Governor-elect Tony Evers announced his Health Policy Advisory Council to bring experienced voices from around the state to work with the transition team on health care issues. The council is a diverse group of health care professionals from rural and urban health care settings and community health advocates.
“Expanding access to affordable health care for Wisconsin residents is a top priority for our administration,” said Evers. “Our Health Policy Advisory Council will help our transition team put together a comprehensive health care plan that takes steps to increase access to health care coverage, like taking the Medicaid expansion dollars, while bringing down costs.”
The council will advise the transition team on policy matters relating to the Department of Health Services, Office of the Commissioner of Insurance, the Department of Employee Trust Funds, and numerous stateboards focused on health care.
Health Policy Advisory Council members:
• Dr. Veronica Gunn, CEO Genesis Consulting
• Karen Timberlake, former Secretary, Wisconsin Department of Health & Human Services
• Candice Owley, Wisconsin Federation of Nurses and Health Professionals, AFT VP, RN
• Dr. Jane Mahoney, Wisconsin Institute for Healthy Aging
• Barbara Beckert, Disability Rights of Wisconsin
• Dr. Dipesh Navsaria, UW Health
• Lisa Peyton-Caire, Foundation for Black Women’s Wellness
• Kofi Short, Diverse and Resilient Community, Wisconsin Health Leadership Fellow
• Tanya Atkinson, Planned Parenthood
• Tim Size, Rural Wisconsin Health Cooperative
• Mary Jo Meyers, Milwaukee County Health and Human Services
• Mary Neubauer, Mental Health America of Wisconsin