Department of Workforce Development (DWD) Secretary Ray Allen today announced the launch of enhanced features on WisConnect, the state’s premier source for internships available at InternshipWisconsin.com. He invited all college students and Wisconsin employers to register today and develop profiles on the free, mobile-responsive site.
“Hundreds of college students and employers have already started to use WisConnect since we launched this new site during the summer, and we look forward to even more activity as peak internship recruitment season approaches,” Secretary Allen said. “The cutting-edge tools we are rolling out today will help match student talent with internship opportunities, and provide more tools to support the important work of our college and university career counseling partners.”
DWD launched WisConnect over three months ago to help employers meet their workforce needs by growing tomorrow’s talent today through internships. With studies showing the value of internships in attracting, training and retaining college students during and after graduation, WisConnect serves as an important tool to support a robust talent pipeline in Wisconsin.
Highlights of added features for students and employers include:
- Enhanced logic to support stronger and more targeted matches between students and employers
- Tools for students and employers to search opportunities or candidates by metro area
- Ability for employers to select multiple industry types for their profile
- Functionality for employers to search students by specific unviersity or technical college
- Ability for students to search internship opportunities by company, job type, desired major and industry
- Additional custom features such as flagging postings or student profiles for quick retrieval.